Héctor Cavallaro (Caracas, Venezuela). Lives and works in Paris.
Currently works as a PhD researcher/composer in Musicology for the École Doctorale Esthétique, Sciences et Technologies des Arts (Lab. MUSIDANSE) at the Université Paris 8. His academic work deals with aesthetics and philosophy of music subjects, focusing mainly in non-teleological, i.e., non-linear music of the XX century.
As a composer, his music has been premiered in contemporary music festivals in Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, France and the UK.
Having attended Emil Friedman’s music school in Caracas, Venezuela, he later studied Musical Composition at the Ars Nova School of Music as well as Orchestral Conducting at the Universidad Central de Venezuela. He holds a degree of Musicology (Master 1 & 2) from the Université Paris 8 Saint-Denis. He has attended internationally recognized Contemporary Composition and Conducting workshops in Argentina, Spain and France. In parallel of his music formation, he studied photography at RMTF in Caracas, participating in several exhibitions and publications.
- Un cristal de ordeño (2019) for sextet, written for the Ensemble Libertas, premiered at the Circuito de Música Contemporânea of the Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil (Belo Horizonte), september 2019.
- Participation in the IIe Congrès Doctoral International de Musique et Musicologie 2019, May 2019, Maison de la Recherche, Université Sorbonne Paris.
- Participation in the 7e Journée des Jeunes Chercheurs du GREAM « La musique dans les autres arts : poïétique, fonction, signification », February 2019, Université de Strasbourg.
- Music for the film « Ubuntu » (2018). Premiered at the Cinemathèque Française, October 2018.
- Retrato de Carlos Duarte (2013) for piano solo published and edited by #OssiaProject (USA) June 2018.
- Las formas del vacío (2017) for quintet premiered at the XX Festival Latinoamericano de Música (Centro de Acción Social por la Música), Caracas, Venezuela, May 2018.